Friday, November 2, 2012

The Wild Approach

Into the Wilderness is about my wild journey into deeper levels of understanding myself as a woman, as a mother, and as a wife...At the core of it all is a need to live life with a certain abandon while walking the thing line of oblivion and responsibility. I have done it all... Whisked my oldest child from one part of the world to the next, in pursuit of some evasive opportunity to escape from what seemed to be a system that was unfriendly to me, as a woman and as an indigena, an Original woman. I've lived off the grid in a tent with my little one, eating from earth and exploring the simple life...I've danced, sang, grappled with my path and my purpose until I came to the conclusion that it just is what is... I've seen a lot, made a whole bunch of mistakes and have grown and expanded through it all.  For me, life has been about doing it and seeing what happened...An authentic approach, but one that is still subject to the law of cause and effect.  Only now am I understanding that Ma'at must reign at every turn and that sometimes the less exciting venture, is the most rewarding one... So journey with me a bit deeper into this wilderness with the simple things in life serving as the crux of a bold journey....

 True Afrikan Indigenous Family

No comments:

Post a Comment